AVT ChapterIt is a powerful tool to add and edit chapters of video files.
You can manually add, edit or remove chapters or use the built-in functions to automatically add chapters. If your movie fades to black between different parts you can let ChapterIt find those black frames to place the chapters there. Of course you can also import chapters.
There are two variants of AVT ChapterIt. The Lite and the full version. Currently they differ in the file formats supported.
Supported Video file types:
|QuickTime movies (mov)||
QuickTime movies (mov)
|MPEG4-movies (mp4, m4v)|
Import chapters from:
|TEXT- or XML-files (no FCPXML)||
TEXT- oder XML-Dateien
|QuickTime, MPEG4 or Matroska Videos||QuickTime, MPEG4 or Matroska Videos|
|DVD (.ifo files)||DVD (.ifo files)|
• play your movies inside the app
• improved keyboard handling
• many internal improvements
• supports the import of Final Cut Pro XML files (.FCPXML) to get the chapters
• completely re-written in Cocoa
• faster, smoother, better than before
• faster launch
• scaleable player view
• optimized for Retina display
• basic support for Matroska files (Full version)
• many other improvements
MacOSX 10.6 or above
QuickTime 7 (included in OSX)
no Windows version at the moment
ChapterIt and ChapterIt Lite are currently only available on the Mac App Store.
You can download a demo version of ChapterIt here:
Please note: this is a beta version of the next major release (version 2.0). If you find any bugs please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org